Stainless steel external door gear Kit BIG 4 Ø27.
Exterior locks are opening/closing devices installed on the outside of a door because they extend beyond the door surface they are normally used on rear doors.
- Exterior locks consist of various elements:
- Latch pawls and strikers
- Handles or levers
- Rod keepers
- Latch pawls and strikers cause the rod to rotate and overcome seal friction to push the door slightly ajar or pull it close.
- Handles and levers cause the rod to rotate and operate the latches. Handles require no additional components, whereas levers must be supplemented with a stop and a fastener, available as a kit.
- Rod keepers keep the rod in the correct position during rotation and act as end stops for the anti-rack washers. Our keepers feature nylon bushings for smoother rod rotation and perfect rod alignment
- Rods: Exterior locks are grouped by rod diameter. Available sizes are Ø 16, 22 and 27.