The Customer is responsible for immediate examination of Goods on delivery and the Company is, except as may otherwise be mandatory by law, not liable for any claim to which it would otherwise be liable in respect of damaged Goods including Goods damaged in transit and the Customer is deemed to have accepted the Goods are of the description, quality and quantity ordered unless particulars of claim are notified to the Company in writing within three (3) working days (which excludes Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays) after arrival of the Goods at the place of delivery.
No return of Goods that are allegedly defective or faulty will be accepted by the Company unless either:
- the Customer is a Consumer in relation to those Goods and is entitled to return them because a Consumer Guarantee applies; or
- the Company has given prior written authorisation for the return of the Goods.
If the Company consents under paragraph (b)(ii) for the return of any Goods, the Customer must:
- provide to the Company a written statement setting out the reasons for return of the Goods;
- give the Company details of the original invoice number and the date of delivery of the Goods;
- provide to the Company a copy of the receipt or delivery docket relating to the Goods;
- return the Goods in their original condition as at the time of their sale;
- pay to the Company an administrative handling charge of $25.00 or a 15% restocking fee (whichever is the greater) for the Company's processing costs associated with the return of the Goods.
Goods cannot be returned or exchanged if they are a ‘special order’ or ‘special cut’ item.